Monday, October 20, 2008

I Voted the First Day of Early Voting at 715AM!


I Voted the First Day of Early Voting at 715AM!

It was exciting to participate in this historical presidential US election. I was happy to set my alarm (something I rarely do), to ensure I would be in line within minutes of the opening of polling places. I drove two minutes to the Miami-Dade Government Center and joined the line at 7:09AM. I am thrilled about the return of paper ballots because they are less vulnerable to election fraud and they provide a real paper trail in the event a recall is required.

Let’s hope democracy prevails in this election!

1 comment:

Lucy M. said...

How exciting for you!

I, too, am relived that we have returned to an accountable voting system.

Gina will be driving down from Delray Beach so we can cast our votes (for Barack) togther. It's a tradition we've kept for the past eight years.

I cannot wait.