Monday, January 21, 2013

Cruise Around the Horn in 13 Days from Chile to Argentina

Patagonia, Penguins, and Picturesque Views


Next month, I will take a 13-day, 3-country (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay) cruise in South America where I will visit the southern-most city in the world; see spectacular scenery of fjords, glaciers, snow-capped volcanos, forests and more; walk up close and personal among penguins in their natural habitat; and a chart the same waters daring seafarers did years ago-at the point where the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean meet, around Cape Horn. I will spend 3 days after the cruise in the bustling, colorful city of Buenos Aires.
I will enjoy views from my 65 sq ft balcony in my 275 sq ft suite. Fortunately, I will take non stop flights from Miami-Santiago and from Buenos Aires to Miami.
Here is the itinerary:
DAY
DATE
PORT
ARRIVE
DEPART
WedFeb20Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile 5:00pm
ThuFeb21At Sea
FriFeb22At Sea
SatFeb23Puerto Montt, Chile 7:00am5:00pm
SunFeb24Chilean Fjords (Cruising)
MonFeb25Darwin Channel (Cruising)
TueFeb26Punta Arenas, Chile 7:00am5:00pm
WedFeb27Ushuaia, Argentina Noon11:30pm
ThuFeb28Cape Horn (Cruising)
FriMar1At Sea
SatMar2Puerto Madryn, Argentina 7:00am4:00pm
SunMar3At Sea
MonMar4Montevideo, Uruguay 8:00am6:00pm
TueMar5Buenos Aires, Argentina 7:00am

No comments: