Friday, November 22, 2013

Fish feasted on my dead skin in Greece


While strolling down a narrow street in Corfu’s (Greece) old town, I saw a shop sign that read:


Fish Spa-10 Euros. 
My curiosity was aroused because I had seen a presentation about these spas on television, here in the US.  I remembered learning that these tiny fish, referred to as Doctor Fish, forage and slough of the dead skin on your feet, giving some of the best pedicures ever.  I took the challenge and plunged my feet into the large tub of water and was instantly “attacked” by hundreds of hungry teeny, minnow-like fish, who ravaged my flesh—nibbling all at once.
It tickled so much that I laughed hysterically for the first 5 minutes of the process.





 

I have since learned that these spas began in Turkey and have popped up in several Mediterranean, Adriatic, European, and Asian nations.  There are even a few scattered throughout the US.

 My feet were soft, supple, and smelled fresh for weeks!!

 I would do it again!!

see my video here:






 

No comments: