Friday, October 30, 2015

Hong Kong observations

Hong Kong observations. (Written on iPhone while there).

Vibrant, colorful, electric, fast paced, densely populated, city.
Both traditional and modern elements.
People drive and walk on the left side.
Smoking is more common than I'm accustomed to.
There is a 7-Eleven or Circle K on every corner.
Lots of French tourists.
A Lot of stair climbing. Lots up uphill walking. I walked more than 20 steps and climbed more than 20 flights daily.
In subway cars, 90% of riders are staring at cell phones, the other 10% are talking on them. (just like everywhere else).
Lots of cosmetics and herbs stores.
Lots of queuing up esp. for public buses.
Beware: water drips on you from air conditioning units from above.
Dying hair blonde is popular here too.
The young people are hip and happy and like to hang out in malls. Sound familiar?
Tapwater in the hotel is considered non-drinkable. They provide two free bottles of water daily. I was extremely good about this for the first 2 1/2 days. The last morning, As I contemplated checking out of my hotel, and taking a taxi to the cruise port, I got distracted, and accidentally used the tap water to brush my teeth. We will see what happens…… alert: I just realize I have been doing my sinus rinse every day. I've been using tap water for that. So I have been injecting not drinkable water into my system anyway.
They charge 50 cents per bag (many places) to encourage shoppers to bring their own reusable bags.
There are more banks per square foot than anywhere I have been!! Also, there are foreign currency exchanges galore!
I have seen no dogs.

No comments: