Sunday, August 10, 2008

China Letter #1


E-mail Letter #1 from Fall 2006

-----Original Message-----From: Karla [mailto:kjscott@bellsouth.net] Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:30 AMTo: KJScott@BellSouth.netSubject: China Letter #1-en route to JFK

Hello Friends Saturday, October 21, 2006

This is my first in a series of e-mails I will be sending from China. I will take you with me on my journey.

I will go to China for two weeks, beginning with a direct flight from JFK to Beijing on Saturday, October 21(I am now en route to JFK). I will visit Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Suzhou, Shanghai, and take a Yangtze River Cruise. Some trip highlights are a visit to the Great Wall, a Beijing (Peking) duck feast, and a visit with the giant pandas at the Panda Research Center. I will stay in four-star and five-star hotels, so I will likely have Internet access in the hotels’ business centers-- just as I did in Vietnam and Thailand last fall.

I am so looking forward to visiting this fascinating culture, where 1/5 of the world lives; were the highest level of foreign investment is made; where manufacturing of everything from clothing, to consumer electronics, to pharmaceuticals, to furniture, to cars, to factory machinery, to jumbo jets, to designer knockoffs, dominates; and were the first Beijing Olympics will be hosted in 2008.

My greatest challenge has been to pack one piece of luggage. I succeeded! I also have one wheeled carry-on bag, with toiletries neatly packed in a quart-sized Ziploc bag. I traveled to Charlotte for work early this week and found they are serious about the one quart Ziploc bag.

If ever I need anything while there, I know I can find it, because practically everything is made in China, n’est-ce pas!

You'll hear from me next from The Middle Kingdom. We will be 13 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. When I arrive in Beijing at 6:00 p.m., it will be 5:00 a.m. East Coast time. The weather forecasts 60’s and sunny.

Warmly,

Karla Scott
SpeakerTrainerConsultant
globalwaysUSA.com

No comments: