Monday, August 18, 2008

Note from friend whose granddaughter competes in Olympics







Dr Tina Dupree's grandaughter, Tiffany Ross-Willliams is competing in the 400M hurdles tonight!

Here is an enthusiastic note from her from Beijing:

Dear Friends

We are here live and in person at the Bird Cage. Beijing is beautiful the people are friendly and respectful. There is so much here more than I expected. I will send more updates. She runs again tonight in the semi finals. Go Tiff! Go for the GOLD!!! Everyone here is so amazed at Tiff's baby (4years) they follow us and take pictures of her like the paparozzi. I can hardly believe their facination of her. They put their baby or child next to her to take pictures. Well gotta go and get ready for Tiff's run tonight.

follow up Sunday 8/24 from Tina:
Tiffany says to "thank you" all for your support.
It was exciting to be in Beijing.
She missed a step in the 5th hurdle. First time this has ever happened to her because she has won over those same girls time and time. But as Tiffany says, "I will just get ready for the World Championship in Germany and do it there." She is such a trooper. All the track girls are great friends and they run against each other frequently all over the world.Beijing and Shanghi was the best I want to go back.
Shopping is like I had never experienced.I got Ipod nano 8 gig for $15. I shopped until I dropped.smileTiffany did something for our family that no other has done, she will always be known as the USA Champion for 2007 and 2008 and an OLYMPIAN! That's great. And she made it to the finals.
Love you all Tina

No comments: